Reporting to the Design Manager, the Fit Technician is responsible for creating, managing and maintaining our Insanely Comfortable Fit™ in all Left On Friday garments. Your expertise and leadership will guide the team and product to high standards of excellence. In addition, The Fit Technician will be handling all aspects of fits, patterns, grading, and spec’ing from initial concept to finished production and managing the workflows and timelines of a fast-paced, dynamic development team. In this role, you will get to work with a small, brilliant team on one of the most desirable, fast growing DTC brands out there today!
- Understand Design’s creative vision, including silhouette, fabrication, fit intent and design details, and effectively collaborate to translate into a final product.
- Manage the workflows and calendar of the prototyping cycles and adhere to GTM date and goals. You are a great communicator and organizer!
- Proactively recommend solutions that will ensure Design intent, fit, construction, quality, timelines and cost are met.
- Develop and draft all patterns to achieve design aesthetic, fit, and construction.
- Identify, adjust, and correct fit issues that require pattern corrections
- Develop and maintain a library of pattern blocks to streamline the approval process and maintain a consistency of fit.
- Participate in fit review and utilize technical expertise by offering suggestions to improve fit by comparing the garment sample to the requested specs, sketch, tech pack, and approved sample.
- Prepare fit specifications comments – approve or reject garments, issue graded specs for all production when approved to ensure that garments meet Left On Friday standards.
- Ensure that tech-packs are clear & that styling/production instructions are reflected properly in production.
- Prepare, record, and send comments & corrections to suppliers; namely fit / spec / styling / wash details.
- Examine garments for proper sewing construction, and ensure all changes have been made.
- Ensure garments are labeled correctly.
- Measure all samples for fit, and production against size specifications to ensure the desired fit is achieved in a timely manner.
- Continually strive to upgrade the product without affecting the value.
- Notify Design/Merch of improvements to quality and specifications.
- Identify and analyze problems, make sound recommendations and take appropriate action. Follow-up to ensure all production details and specifications are being respected (i.e. corrections made to production).
- Maintains the filing of specification sheets and Quality Forms for reference
- Oversee a small team of assistants, contributing to their growth and development.
- Responsible for performance evaluations, hiring and coaching of designated team member(s).
- BA, BFA or BS in Design required (or equivalent)
- 8+ years of experience in Women’s swimwear or activewear
- Expert knowledge of construction, patterning, textiles, trims, sewing techniques and technology applications. Proven success in Activewear and/or Swim
- Detailed oriented, with accuracy and precision.
- Ability to work both independently and with others in a team environment.
- A proactive and entrepreneurial sense of urgency and ability to prioritize important work
- Proficient use of Gerber, PLM, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Google Suite, Mac platform.
- Knowledge of product creation calendar timeline and able to work against deadlines.
Victoria, BC. Required 3 days in office, 2 days flexible.
Submit your application here. Posting closes December 31, 2023.